    Any ideas or links would be gratefully received !

    Regards,

    AMK

    Alastair MAckay, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Alastair MAckay

    Chris H. Guest

    You may want to contact the support folks for your GPS device. Perhaps
    they've got a solution or update for the hardware.

    Chris H., Nov 25, 2004

  3. It's not a gps issue, but rather a Toshiba issue. The port that becomes the
    comm port for a serial connection is defined by the BT software on the
    Toshiba, not the GPS. It is likely you can go into the Toshiba control panel
    and find the (or a) serial port being established by the BT system and
    change the comm port. It's kind of like plugging in an external modem. The
    modem doesn't define the comm port, the PC hardware and software do.

    Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Alastair MAckay

    Chris H. Guest

    Ah. Thank goodness you know that stuff. If the method you describe doesn't
    work, perhaps contacting Toshiba support would be helpful.

    Chris H., Nov 25, 2004
  5. And if it gets to calling Toshiba, indicate that you need to change the BT
    virtual comm port because the PC software isn't capable of selecting the
    ports being assigned. You might avoid mentioning the GPS as that will be an
    opportunity for tech support to suggest the problem lies there ;)

    Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices, Nov 26, 2004