Bluetooth Keyboard is DEAD during Startup

Discussion in 'Epox' started by R. C. White, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. R. C. White

    R. C. White Guest

    I just got a new Microsoft Optical Desktop with Bluetooth. It works great
    EXCEPT...

    My EPoX 8KDA3+ lets me set it to power-up by simply pressing Ctrl+F1 (or
    other optional keys). That worked fine with my former wireless desktop.
    But it does not work with Bluetooth. I come in each morning, press
    Ctrl+F1...and nothing happens. I hit the power ON button and the lights
    come on, the drives start spinning and Windows loads.

    But my computer is set up to multi-boot both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of
    both Windows XP Pro and Beta 1 of the new Microsoft Vista (formerly
    codenamed Longhorn). I choose which OS to start each time by using the
    keyboard arrow keys to select from the menu presented just after POST. But
    guess what - I can't choose because the keyboard is dead until after Windows
    starts and loads the Bluetooth drivers. To change OS, I have to let the
    default OS start, then edit Boot.ini to set a different OS as the default,
    then reboot. :>(

    I've plugged in the old keyboard to use just during startup, but this is
    ridiculous!

    In other newsgroups I've read that some BIOSes support Bluetooth before
    Windows or another OS is loaded. I can't find info about this on the EPoX
    website. I'm running the latest (KDA35902, dated 9/2/05) BIOS for my mobo,
    but I can't find any mention of Bluetooth in it.

    Anybody else here with an EPoX mobo and a Bluetooth keyboard? How does it
    work for you?

    RC

    R. C. White, Oct 14, 2005