  1. sam unwise

    sam unwise Guest

    is their one?

    sam unwise, May 10, 2004

  2. sam unwise

    Frank Guest

    Abit an7 does support Dual channel. similar to NF7-s but with some little
    suttle differences.

    Frank, May 10, 2004

  3. sam unwise

    Josef Varela Guest

    It actualy HAS dual channel memory support

    Josef Varela, May 10, 2004
  4. sam unwise

    ICee Guest

    How about the NF7-S? It has dual channel support.

    ICee, May 10, 2004
  5. sam unwise

    Leon Smith Guest

    To confirm what others have said - the NF7-S does have dual channel mode
    support itself.

    Great m/b.

    Leon Smith, May 10, 2004
  6. sam unwise

    Scumball Guest

    How about ANY NF2 board ?

    Scumball, May 10, 2004
  7. sam unwise

    Chip Guest

    Whose one?

    Chip, May 10, 2004
  8. sam unwise

    rstlne Guest

    Nope..
    the NF2 Chipset maybee
    but not any NF2 board

    rstlne, May 10, 2004
  9. sam unwise

    Scumball Guest

    ??
    An NF2 board without an NF2 chipset ?
    Duh !

    Scumball, May 10, 2004
  10. sam unwise

    CroW Guest

    NF2 Chipset supports dual channel memory but not all NF2 boards use all
    abilities of NF2 chipset.

    CroW, May 10, 2004
  11. sam unwise

    rstlne Guest

    Nope..
    There is no NF2 board without a NF2 chipset..
    I didnt say anything of the like either..

    I must say that I dont write verry clearly..
    But you read and understand worse than I write.

    rstlne, May 10, 2004
  12. sam unwise

    Scumball Guest

    OK, name me an NF2 board that doesn't have dual channel !

    Scumball, May 10, 2004
  13. sam unwise

    Ben Pope Guest

    A7N8X-X, smartass.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 10, 2004
  14. sam unwise

    BigBadger Guest

    No, not any NF2 chipsets support dual channel....Nvidia currently make two
    versions, the NF2 Ultra 400 that has dual channel (as used in the NF7-S by
    the way) and the NF2 400 that is only single channel.....Read all about it
    here: http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20031107/index.html

    BigBadger, May 11, 2004
  15. sam unwise

    t thome Guest

    But the delta in performance between the dual-channel and single channel
    boards is less than amazing....

    http://tinyurl.com/35nug

    "We were shocked to discover that the performance gap between the two
    single-channel platforms and the nForce2 Ultra 400 with dual-channel DDR400
    is a lot less than you might expect. Tests conducted a year ago with the
    nForce2, 166 MHz FSB and only one DIMM demonstrated that dual-channel mode
    is bound up with definite advantages. "

    nForce dual-channel operation on the NF400 chipset does enhance some
    operations, but the limiting factor is the AMD processor itself. 333Mhz and
    400Mhz front-side will see better performance, and the nForce 400 Ultra
    boards usually provide more goodies, but any nForce board is a good buy...

    When I first got my Abit NF7-S v2.0, I was running single channel, and
    performance was very good. Upgrading to dual-channel, I believe the benefits
    were more along just having more RAM available than anything directly
    related to going from single channel to dual channel operation.

    Tim

    t thome, May 11, 2004
  16. sam unwise

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    Right. Having more memory bandwidth than you have FSB to send it to the
    chip buys you a pretty small amount of performance boost. The one
    application where the NF2's dual-channel memory controller gives you a HUGE
    performance increase is if you're going to use the onboard video - in
    single-channel mode, the onboard video would cut into the CPU's memory
    bandwidth much more significantly than it does in dual-channel mode.

    steve

    Steve Wolfe, May 11, 2004
  17. sam unwise

    Scumball Guest

    Any 400 Ultra board, smartass.

    Scumball, May 11, 2004
  18. sam unwise

    Ben Pope Guest

    I'm confused... the Ultra 400 DOES have Dual Channel.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 11, 2004
  19. sam unwise

    rstlne Guest

    How many times are you going to change your mind..

    You said EVERY NF2 BOARD SUPPORTS DUAL CHANNEL
    I said no
    You did some name calling and said Name a nf2 board that doesnt have dual
    channel.
    He named a board
    You now change the requrements of the requirements for requesting of a board
    that doesnt support it.

    One might wonder if it's time for you to just offer up an apology.

    rstlne, May 11, 2004