    He will be missed, and the world has lost a real character.

    Walter Banks
    Byte Craft Limited

    Walter Banks, Jun 20, 2011

  2. On 20/06/2011 20:29, Walter Banks wrote:
    > I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
    > "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

    And that just after Jim Williams - in fact Bob was returning from Jim's
    memorial when he crashed his car:

    <http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4217077/Analog-expert-Bob-Pease-dies-in-tragic-accident>

    Tragic.

    Steve

    --
    http://www.fivetrees.com

    Steve at fivetrees, Jun 20, 2011

  3. Walter Banks

    rickman Guest

    I was talking to a friend who is also an engineer the other day and he
    didn't know who Bob Pease was! I was floored and tried to explain to
    him why Bob is so significant. I found that I really couldn't put it
    into words adequately. Paul Rako did a great job of it in his
    article.

    Bob was iconic as a nerds nerd and proud of it. But not the
    stereotypical nerd. He was a unique nerdtype all his own. He will be
    missed.

    Rick

    rickman, Jun 20, 2011
  4. Walter Banks

    larwe Guest

    On Jun 20, 3:29 pm, Walter Banks <> wrote:
    > I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
    > "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

    Our role models die one by one, achievements and discoveries and
    original thoughts are silenced one voice at a time, and all we have to
    offer our future is PowerPoint and schedule compliance and ROI and CPM
    and unique visitor counts.

    I sat on my hunkers. I looked through my peepers. I saw the dead
    burying the living.

    larwe, Jun 21, 2011
  5. Walter Banks

    Jim Stewart Guest

    larwe wrote:
    > On Jun 20, 3:29 pm, Walter Banks<> wrote:
    >> I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
    >> "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

    > Our role models die one by one, achievements and discoveries and
    > original thoughts are silenced one voice at a time, and all we have to
    > offer our future is PowerPoint and schedule compliance and ROI and CPM
    > and unique visitor counts.
    >
    > I sat on my hunkers. I looked through my peepers. I saw the dead
    > burying the living.

    Well said.

    Jim Stewart, Jun 21, 2011