    So are there anywhere we can get the xp drivers and install them one by
    one ??? Sound, net, etc ??

    Thanks !

    Kam Oe, Aug 29, 2006

  2. Kam Oe

    Proconsul Guest

    It would make more sense, IMO, to run Boot Camp Assistant again and
    burn another driver CD.....

    PC

    Proconsul, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Kam Oe

    Kam Oe Guest

    Not really, the cd we made from boot camp is just fine... Problem is it
    has all the drives in one big auto-install program. I want to install
    the seperate drivers manually.

    Kam Oe, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Kam Oe

    Proconsul Guest

    That ain't the way it works.....and if the CD was "just fine" you
    wouldn't be having the problem. You can choose which drivers to install
    from the CD or let it install them all....

    It seems reasonable to do the obvious before looking for complex
    solutions to such a problem. FWIW, I had to "reburn" my driver CD in
    order to get one that worked properly......

    PC

    Proconsul, Aug 30, 2006
  5. Kam Oe

    Kam Oe Guest

    That ain't the way it works.....and if the CD was "just fine" you
    1. Either the archive works or it don't .. and it DO..
    2. If can do a manuall install problem is solved.. these packages that
    installes a bunch of drivers often fails.
    3. If you cant provide me with what I ask for.. why bother posting at
    all ?
    4. The drivers we have does NOT provide any option where I can select
    what I want to instal,..

    The clue is that these installers often fails due to thousands of
    reasons.. using the hardware manager in windows and installing the
    driver from there is the most failsafe option of all..

    Kam Oe, Aug 30, 2006
  6. 1. Either the archive works or it don't .. and it DO..[/QUOTE]

    If it doesn't install, how do you know that it works?

    Michelle Steiner, Aug 30, 2006
  7. Kam Oe

    Proconsul Guest

    If it didn't install, then it "DON'T".....:)
    Boot Camp's works fine - I've done over a dozen installs.....
    I gave you the answer - if you don't like it or won't take the advice,
    that's your problem......:)
    Study your menus and options more carefully - you might learn something.....
    That's your opinion, to which you are entitled - but the Boot Camp
    installer works fine. If yours doesn't, look to a sensible solution,
    i.e., reburn the CD and/or reinstall.....

    PC

    Proconsul, Aug 31, 2006
  8. Kam Oe

    Kam Oe Guest

    You must be one of the most intelligent persons on the usenet "boot
    camp works fine"... so what you hare saying is that software tested ok
    on one system.. "works fine" on all systems... ? Idiot...

    Kam Oe, Sep 5, 2006
  9. Kam Oe

    Proconsul Guest

    Thanks for your attempt at rationality.....

    One of these days, I have to learn to quit trying to help people who
    ask for help in these venues. They only want validation of their
    preconceived notions and don't really want help.

    It's the greatest failing of these venues - lack of both civility and
    rationality.....

    PC

    Proconsul, Sep 6, 2006
  10. Kam Oe

    Kam Oe Guest

    There are no problems with the cd first created !!! And you don't get
    the consequence of what that means.

    That's it end of story.. won't waste my time here..

    Kam Oe, Sep 6, 2006
  11. Kam Oe

    Proconsul Guest

    I haven't "punished" anyone - but I remain convinced that most who post
    are just looking for a chance to take a whack at someone. Hiding behind
    a monitor tends to allow one to be very brave while typing with one
    hand.....:)

    Personally, I don't look for "solutions" on Usenet - it's better to
    seek out a legitimate professional and deal with him/her
    face-to-face......

    I browse through this group looking for useful information - there
    isn't much of that to be found, either......

    PC

    Proconsul, Sep 7, 2006