    any thoughts appreciated.

    kind regards
    \cd

    Clemens Draschl, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Clemens Draschl

    Paul Guest

    In a picture of the motherboard, I see a 24 pin and I see an 8 pin
    connector. What have you connected to them ? The 8 pin is probably
    there for the exclusive use of the processor, and if it is unplugged,
    the board won't boot.

    The two bottom connectors in this figure, are likely what needs
    to be connected to your board for it to boot. This is EPS12V.

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/assets/T51AG/mb_T51AG.gif

    This is a regular ATX supply. The 12V is a 2x2 connector.
    The diagram, as far as I know, is looking at the power supply
    connector and not the motherboard side. Now, you may be able to
    plug the 2x2 connector into the 2x4 motherboard socket, and get
    the computer to start. The 2x2 plug should be enough to power
    an 89W processor.

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/assets/T51DX/mb_T51DX.gif

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Clemens Draschl

    BC Guest

    Dear CD,

    here is a link to some customer reviews at Newegg where they mention
    ATX12V (one says OK, one says no go) vs. EPS12V.

    You did not say what the nominal wattage of your power supply was, or
    who made it, but here is a link where Tyan board owners get that code
    when starting with insufficient power:

    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/s2875-AVM-B1-isdn-controler-ftopict159344.html

    I have a 2865 with a 430W Supermicro EPS12V power supply, 24 + 8 pins--
    it has worked fine, never a boot up or any problem with it.

    I strongly recommend PC Power and Cooling's 510W unit, this one being
    specifically recommended for this board:

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51ASL&view=about

    Seasonic's S12 500 and 600 would also work, having 24 + 8 pin
    connectors, and sufficient output.

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51ASL&view=about

    I do recommend the PC Power/Cooling unit: not inexpesnive, but, comes
    with a 5 year warranty, and is built to last.

    HTH,

    BC

    BC, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Clemens Draschl

    BC Guest

    Late here, sorry, here is the real link: Seasonic units built to be
    efficient, quiet...PCPC unit not silent, nor is my Supermicro PS.

    http://www.seasonicusa.com/products.php?lineId=9

    BC, Feb 21, 2006
  5. hi,

    Thanks for all the guides. It seems that the 20+4 variant of my 400W PSU
    simply doesn't work. I thought, it can't be that a 400W-PSU won't work,
    so i built myself an EPS12 with some atx-plugs.
    24-pin (built with 20+4) doesnt work, the same with 20+4(aux). It seems
    the board is somehow hungry for power. Now everything's up and running
    stable.

    kind regards
    \cd

    Draschl Clemens, Feb 21, 2006