Boot Drive Not Shown in Bios

Discussion in 'Asus' started by tallman, Nov 25, 2019.

1. tallman

tallman

I have a older PC that I built with an Asus P8Z68-V motherboard. The machine has a Samsung 512GB SSD as its boot drive, an Asus Optical drive, a WD 1TB hard disk for data, an old WD hard disk in a USB 3 external enclosure, and a Patriot 512GB thumb drive plugged into one of the front USB3 ports on the computer case. The machine works fine but I have just noticed the boot drive is not shown in the bios. Only the optical drive, data drive, and Patriot thumb drive are shown in the bios. However, the boot drive is shown in the menu presented when pressing F8 on boot. This situation came to my attention after making a system image CD and a repair disk. When starting the computer with the repair disk, the system image is shown but no operating system is shown and I am wondering if this is because the boot drive is not being recognized in the bios. Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

tallman, Nov 25, 2019
Ask a Question