    I have tried rebooting to Recovery Console and run FIXBOOT without any
    success.

    Any suggestions please?

    Peter Detheridge, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Your boot device config may be messed up, or maybe you forgot a
    non-bootable floppy in the drive. "Press any key to reboot" may also
    indicate that no active primary partition is present, check this via
    TestDisk.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Peter Detheridge

    Deadlegs Guest

    Stephan,
    of the few replies I received yours is closest to the mark.
    It turned out that the primary partition from which the system boots up was
    HIDDEN. I booted into Partitionmagic from floppy and immediately saw the
    problem. I made it active again and hey presto back to normal!

    Thanks for your help

    Peter

    Deadlegs, Jan 16, 2004