boot-problem 8kta3+

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Rainer Latka, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Rainer Latka

    Rainer Latka Guest

    since a few days, my 8KTA3+ produces several rapid series of very short
    beeps during start up. The start up seems to be functioning correctly
    though.

    These beeps seem to occur during the device detection phases
    a) while the IDE channels are probed
    b) while the HPT channels are probed
    c) while an Adaptec PCI SCSI card is probed
    d) while the FD / CD drives are probed for boot media
    During each of a, b, and d there are about 3 to 4 beeps, during c there
    are many more.

    The post code shown by the board during a, b, and c seems to be 86, and
    ff during d. The 86 code is not documented in my mobo manual and I have
    also not been able to find any mentioning of this specific behaviour in
    this newsgroup or elsewhere.

    Any ideas?

    Rainer

    Rainer Latka, Apr 4, 2005