Boot sector for 500GB DiamondMax 11 6H500R0 500GB ATA/133 required

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IKD, May 8, 2007.

  1. IKD

    IKD Guest

    Hi,

    My Maxtor Shared Storage failed to boot up. I believe it was the case that
    failed rather than the HD itself.
    I can read the boot sector of the drive and the drive spins up etc when
    plugged in.

    I need to recover my data and I have found instructions on this site
    (http://www.openmss.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491&highlight=recover) that
    will assit me in revovering my data. Problem is I get lost at the part to
    set the partion settings in the windows readable boot sector.

    If someone can create a valid boot sector or copy one from their drive (of
    the same type) I would be most appreciative. Actually there is a DVD/CD of
    your choice to the first person who provides the help I need to get my data
    back.

    Further info can be found at www.103home.com/boot_sector

    Thanks

    Iain

    IKD, May 8, 2007

  2. IKD

    ddcc Guest

    Try "alt.comp.hardware" instead. This one is barely ever read.
    Is there Windows on this MSS? Or is it just a propreiatry Maxtor network OS?
    If so, it's going to be difficult to find someone with the proper MBR.

    ddcc, May 13, 2007

  3. Try Resqdisk.
    It can reconstruct it on the basis of partition bootsectors it finds.

    Folkert Rienstra, May 13, 2007
  4. Hey babblebot, did you hear that? You're in the wrong group.
    A huge audience awaits your brainfar(c)ts in alt.comp.hardware.

    Folkert Rienstra, May 13, 2007