Booting computer, when KVM is not using the CRT monitor, set refresh rate to 60 hz instead of 75 hz.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by ANTant, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    I just got a XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800 recently. I have two computers and one Samsung 17" CRT monitor so I use a
    Belkin 2-port KVM to share PS/2 mouse, keyboard, and monitor. When I boot up Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates)
    with the KVM switched to the other computer, the refresh rate is at 60 hz. I have to manually change this. If
    I boot XP up with the KVM connected to that computer, then it is at 75 hz.

    How can I force the 75 hz when I am not using the monitor since boot up can take over a minute? I never had this
    problem with my previous video cards like ATI Radeon 9800 All-In-Wonder, GeForce (2 GTS and 4 Ti4200), Matrox
    G400, etc.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered that his luggage be taken away from underneath that tree and then ordered that the dwelling place of the ants should be set on fire. Allah sent him a revelation: 'Wouldn't it have been sufficient to burn a single ant (that bit you)?'" --Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 54, Number 536
    /\___/\
    ( )

    ANTant, Dec 9, 2005

  2. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    No replies? No one ever had this problem before? :(

    ANTant, Dec 10, 2005