    external drive using a boot manager on the main hard drive to load from the
    external drive?

    Thanks for your help

    Michael, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Michael

    Mike Walsh Guest

    I have not booted from a USB device, but I know that a USB flash drive appears to the BIOS (if it supports booting from a USB device) as a hard drive. I had assumed that if you could boot from one you could boot from the other.
    Usually the BIOS must recognize the device that the OS is loaded from. This is not required, and you could load the OS from a USB device if the boot manager installs a USB driver.

    Mike Walsh, Nov 27, 2006