    put my motherboard in a trash ? lollll

    Please help me. . . !

    Thanks a lot.

    nyala5000, Mar 24, 2005

  2. nyala5000

    DDA Guest

    Just remove your CDs and floppy disks...

    DDA.

    DDA, Mar 24, 2005

  3. nyala5000

    nyala5000 Guest

    Good try but . . . . there are no floppy disks and no cd’s !

    Have a new idea ?

    Thanks.

    nyala5000, Mar 25, 2005
  4. nyala5000

    Dan Brow Guest

    Mail it to me and I'll put it in my trash :)

    Have you gone through every bios option and made sure it's set right?

    Dan Brow, Mar 25, 2005
  5. nyala5000

    nyala5000 Guest

    Yes I think , but what should I specifically look at or pay attention
    to in the bios ?

    By the way this a Phoenix bios . . . . I never never saw a phoenix
    bios before.

    Thanks a lot.

    nyala5000, Mar 26, 2005
  6. nyala5000

    Dan Brow Guest

    Try disabling the floppy drive, make sure that the IDE/SATA/SCSI
    controller settings are set to On/Enabled and set when ever your not
    using to disable. Make sure the boot up sequence is set for booting your
    hard drive first. Have you sent an e-mail to Tyan about this?

    Next step well waiting for tyan to return your e-mail would be to try
    safe-mode bios settings or fail-safe, can't remember which is for what
    bios.

    That's about as much as I can do with out seeing the board and considering
    it's not likely your in London, Ontario. I won't happen. But if you
    decide on trashing the board let me know I love to tinker.

    Regards,
    Dan.

    Dan Brow, Mar 26, 2005
  7. nyala5000

    nyala5000 Guest

    Floppy disabled, floppy controller disabled.

    Sata, IDE etc. . . . enabled

    Now, returning to bios version 1.0 !

    :cry:

    What a mess . . . .!

    nyala5000, Mar 27, 2005
  8. nyala5000

    nyala5000 Guest

    Oh ! By the way, an e-mail have been sent to Tyan 4 days ago . . .
    waiting for an answer.

    Thanks.

    nyala5000, Mar 27, 2005
  9. nyala5000

    maxreinhard Guest

    Are you sure this messages come from the BIOS and not from any damaged
    master boot record? :roll:

    Try booting using a normal DOS floppy disk ...

    maxreinhard, Mar 28, 2005
  10. nyala5000

    nyala5000 Guest

    I used an old 6.22 Dos install disk and it booted from the floppy !

    Now how can I repair the master boot record ?

    Thanks a lot !

    nyala5000, Mar 29, 2005
  11. nyala5000

    Dan Brow Guest

    What OS are you using?

    Dan Brow, Mar 29, 2005
  12. nyala5000

    nyala5000 Guest

    Ok. Everything’s fine.

    I booted from the CD-Rom drive and installed Windows XP.

    Now I can use my second PC.

    Thanks a lot all of you !

    nyala5000, Mar 29, 2005