Booting with SATA-Raid Controller VT6421

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Junaith, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Junaith

    Junaith

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Computer Specs​

    1. CPU – PII 300MHz
    2. RAM – 384MB SD-RAM
    3. HD - 80GB WD attached via a PCI SATA Raid Controller Card (VT6421) [attached to the IDE port of the card] (IRQ12 - Shared)
    4. Sound card – SB16 or AWE compatible connected via ISA Slot [has a IDE connector]
    5.BIOS Properties
    BIOS Type Award Modular
    Award BIOS Type Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    Award BIOS Message BIOS-I (80605)

    Hi friends,
    I bought a SATA Raid controller - VT6421 and installed it in a slot which is 2 slots away from AGP slot. I connected the WD 80GB HDD to the IDE port in the card.

    I set SCSI as the first boot option in BIOS.

    Even though the BIOS recognises the existense of a Mass Storage Controller, I am not able to access a SATA RAID Bios screen in order to recognize my hard drive when I boot.

    When I try to install WinXP the setup installs the card's drivers and recognises the card and the HDD attached to it but when it restarts the BIOS says the system disk is not present.

    My aim is to install WinXP and Linux in the WD HDD attached to the IDE port in this card and boot from that disk.

    Please help me do so.

    Many Thanks in advance!

    Junaith, Nov 15, 2006