    My computer is connected to a LAN that is connected to the Internet.

    Cheers
    Magnus

    Magnus Ekhall, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Magnus Ekhall

    daytripper Guest

    It sounds like the nic is waking on generic traffic. Check the driver (or even
    the bios) for the nic to see if you can configure it to wake only on commands
    issued by a management console. There are plenty of utilities including
    freebees that you can use to wake that system up from another machine...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Magnus Ekhall

    Pavel Guest

    This probably is not the problem but in my case I had the same situation.
    One day my power supply quit on this PC and when I installed new power
    supply, this problem with the PC walking up right after power down went
    away.

    Pavel, Jun 28, 2003