Bootting from USB-stick with EP35c-DS3R

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by ~PC-freak©~, Sep 13, 2008.

  1. ~PC-freak©~

    ~PC-freak©~ Guest

    hello

    I have á EP35c-DS3R mobo and want to boot from USB-stick.
    In the bios I have set the following;

    Bootsequence
    1 USB-HDD
    2 CD-rom
    3 HDD

    It won't boot from the stick, when I call the bootmenu with F12 I don't
    see the stick in the list, so I can't boot from it.
    The only way to boot from the stick is to go into the bios, and set in
    "harddisk bootpriority" the stick as number 1 where I can see it with
    its name.

    This procedure is very unhandy, how can I boot from the stick without
    first going into the bios?
    Thanks in advance.

    groetjes Henk

    ~PC-freak©~, Sep 13, 2008

  2. ~PC-freak©~

    andy Guest

    Is Legacy USB storage detect in BIOS setup enabled?

    andy, Sep 14, 2008

  3. ~PC-freak©~

    ~PC-freak©~ Guest

    groetjes Henk

    ~PC-freak©~, Sep 14, 2008
  4. ~PC-freak©~

    jk Guest

    I have the same MB.

    I do so: nothing with bios, F12, select harddisk, then there is a menu
    with my usb-harddisk among others.

    The usb harddisk is 2.5" in usb-cabinet.

    best regards

    John

    jk, Sep 14, 2008
  5. ~PC-freak©~

    ~PC-freak©~ Guest

    Yesssssss that works, I did not now that option, thank you very much.

    groetjes Henk

    ~PC-freak©~, Sep 15, 2008
  6. ~PC-freak©~

    ~PC-freak©~ Guest

    Op Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:19:28 +0200, schreef ~PC-freak©~
    Now is of cource "know" ;-)

    groetjes Henk

    ~PC-freak©~, Sep 15, 2008
  7. ~PC-freak©~

    jk Guest

    And I meant: I have a bios booting setup for harddisk, cdrom, floppy.

    But I don't make any change on it (for usb). Just F12 and menu use for
    usb.

    The same with e-sata that I prefer to use over usb. I have 2 e-sata
    boxes: one with Vista, and one with Ubuntu/Mandriva in a boot menu.
    Then XP Pro on the harddisk in the cabinet.

    Vista brings nothing new to me. I prefer Linux, and love compiz. But
    homebanking with my banque is not for linux, unfortunately. They
    should write login with java, and not activeX.

    best regards

    John

    jk, Sep 16, 2008