    that I can then plug it into the "Line In" jack on the exterior of the
    case? Is the signal the same? What is the wire->connector mapping?

    Thanks!

    Spare, Mar 2, 2008

  2. Spare

    gfretwell Guest

    My TV goes into "line in", just be sure you are using the "line out"
    output from the TV. The other header that might work would be the one
    from a CDROM drive.
    One other "gotcha". Some TVs still have a connection to the neutral so
    you can get some hum. Radio Shack (and others) have an isolation
    transformer that will decouple this.
    My 3 year old Daewoo TV would trip a GFCI when connected to a PC until
    I hooked it up through the transformer.

    gfretwell, Mar 2, 2008

  3. Spare

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Headphone out and line in are generally compatible, even if
    strictly different signal clases. Typically you can use
    a straight 3.5mm connector cable with headphone-type connectors on
    both sides.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 2, 2008