Broadcom V92 modem on hold problem

Discussion in 'Dell' started by humanbeing, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. humanbeing

    humanbeing Guest

    I have a Dimension 2350 running XP home edition. My modem is a
    Broadcom 56K V90 modem installed by Dell which I upgraded to V92.

    In my control panel settings, I have modem on hold enabled.

    I have an extra initialization command: +MS=V92; +PCW=0 (that's zero,
    not "oh").

    I have looked at ModemSite's V92 Commands at:
    http://modemsite.com/56k/v92c.asp

    Here is my problem. When I am online and a telephone call is
    incoming, I receive an onscreen message that there is a call. Next, I
    get a window titled, "BCM V.92 56K Modem - Connection on hold". The
    contents of the window read as follows:

    Please pick up handset and begin your conversation now.
    Data connection has been placed on hold.
    Hang up and hit "resume" to return to modem connection.

    At the bottom of this window is the word "remaining", followed by the
    minutes and seconds remaining, followed by a "resume" button.

    I don't pick up the phone right away, nor do I hit "resume" right
    away. I try to disconnect my network connection from the icon on my
    taskbar. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

    My ISP does not support the V92 protocol.

    Am I screwed, or is there hope of getting modem on hold working on my
    system?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    humanbeing, Aug 9, 2004