Broadcom Wireless freezes randomly

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by kimiraikkonen, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. My Acer Aspire 3000 series's, Broadcom Network Adapter 802.11g's
    (BCM4318) driver is 3.100.46.0 as default came with my Acer notebook.
    After having freezing problems when browsing the net or downloading
    with no chance to reach 192.168.1.1 also, i decided to update to a new
    driver also supports 802.11n, but after updating successfully(although
    i can browse sites successfully), the Wi-fi LED indicator which is
    built on to my notebook went CRAZY!!! It lits randomly and irregularly
    after rolling back to old original driver, Wi-fi LED went back to
    normal but i want to get rid of this strange freeze problem.

    The problem i'm having about freezing: While i'm surfing or
    downloading the net smoothly, randomly the data transfer(receive and
    sent, bi-directional) stops, no packets are received or sent anymore,
    I use Wireless Zero Configuration of XP Home SP2. But the connection
    does NOT seem disconnected and no logs in event viewer about this. I'm
    on channel 11 with my US Robotics 9108 MaxG router. Also there are
    some several wireless networks around my building.

    Then after searching for a long time, i'm forced to update to a new
    driver, but i'm furious because there's no newer drivers in Acer's
    supports site for my wireless adapter, even in Broadcom's site.

    The driver which is suited to my adapter but Wi-fi LED went crazy by
    flashing irregularly and intermittently:
    http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...5.5-windows-2000-xp-xp-x64-free-download.html

    What do you think?

    Is freezing after connecting or surfing for a while related to router
    or drivers of my wi-fi adapter?

    NOTE: The only solution is to disable/enable wireless adapter from
    ''network connections'' or to use ''repair'' option, then the
    connection establishes successfully. Also i'm using WPA-PSK with 22
    digits.

    Thanks for the help.

    Regards...

    kimiraikkonen, Mar 28, 2007