Broken HP SmartPhoto 210 Battery Compartment Latch

Discussion in 'HP' started by Bert Gold, Dec 25, 2004.

  1. Bert Gold

    Bert Gold Guest

    Greetings.

    I arrived home to find that my kid's new used camera's
    battery cover latch would not stay shut. Sadly, this
    is the second electronic camera for this kid, who apparently
    has not manhandled the cameras in any way.

    So, I discover that HP used to have spare parts entitled:
    C8890-67100
    Battery cover assembly kit - includes cover,
    label, screws, latch, and plate

    but these are out of stock.

    Before I take a Dremel tool and jeweler's screw to the
    camera, (or Duct Tape), I wonder whether anyone here
    has faced this problem, or knows the whereabouts of said
    spare parts; HP says it doesn't have any left.

    Thanks,

    Bert Gold
    Frederick, MD

    Bert Gold, Dec 25, 2004