BSOD 7B and nothing is working

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by eldfell5, Dec 18, 2008.

1. eldfell5

eldfell5

Firstly, I'm not that computer savvy so please explain things with small words and illustrations if you can. I have an IMB/Lenovo R60 laptop. I've been getting the BSOD with the STOP: 0x7B. When I look that up I've found that it means 'inaccessible boot device'. I've gone into BIOS and reset the boot priority list thing to defalt and it doesn't help. I've tried restoring the computer to factory state but in the middle of the restore, I get a BSOD. Just before this all started, I had restored the computer to factory state due to another BSOD problem and it seemed like it fixed the problem until about 12 hours later when it started again. I've tried 'last know good configuration' and 'safe mode' but everything brings me back to the same BSOD. I'm in Austria and don't have access to IT support or extra computers to check the hard drive in. Right now, I am able to access an internet browser via Rescue and Recovery and that's it. I know close to nothing about programming and computer stuff; would it be possible to download a new operating system like linux to solve the problem?

eldfell5, Dec 18, 2008
Ask a Question