    rally2xs

    Title says it. Started throwing Memory Management BSOD's after the spring update of Windows 10. Updated a few drivers, others were already the latest update. Was going to roll back to the previous version of Windows when I saw the Microsoft Help phone number. Called them, they worked on it for 1/2 hr - 45 minutes, and came to the same conclusion, and rolled back to the previous version and disabled further updates.

    Sooo... computer is frozen in time. No more updates. Just wondering if anyone else's ASUS X99 board choked on the new update, and if so, what you did about it, if anything. I don't get this fixed, I imagine I get to buy a new computer after the un-updated computer becomes unviable. 2 years? Maybe I can get 2 years, then just build a new one.

    rally2xs, Jul 7, 2018
  2. rally2xs

    rally2xs

    OK, just for completeness, I've solved this problem, finally. After Microsoft help was unable to fix it after 45 minutes of rummaging around in the computer, I had pretty much given up and bought a new computer. But after buying the new computer, I started playing with the old one. Long story short, the cure for this is to go thru device manager and update every <> driver in it. 6 of them actually downloaded new drivers. After that, no problems, machine runs better / faster than it ever has, and problem cured. Now I have two great machines, the old one and the new one. Anyone else has this happen, go thru device manager and update all the drivers. Took me about 2 hours, there were a lot of devices with drivers.

    rally2xs, Sep 5, 2018