    useful if it turned on the display, in cases where
    the display is off when the bsod is encountered.

    Otherwise all you know is that it stopped.

    Ron Hardin, Dec 29, 2013

  2. Ron Hardin

    Ghostrider Guest

    What version of Windows? Generally, if Windows does get
    started, a report of the BSOD would probably appear in
    Event Viewer or Doc Watson. At least, that would be the
    places I would start looking under similar circumstances.

    Again, depending on which version, if there were no report,
    it should be possible to configure Doc Watson to generate
    a log of the event.

    Trust above helpful although it was a very long time ago
    since I encountered such an incident.

    GR

    Ghostrider, Dec 29, 2013