    Please can anyone recommend a cheap m/board to o/c intel budget 2 core cpu.
    Tried an Asrock but only allowed 33% - I would prefer a mo/bo with onboard
    graphics - eg G33 or G31 chipset. TIA - Dave

    DaveJ, Mar 4, 2008

  2. DaveJ

    Paul Guest

    Whether this is the right answer, really depends on the processor you own.
    If it has a low FSB, then this might be a good answer for you. $67.
    Two RAM slots. About as basic as it gets, and still an Intel chipset.

    GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813128078

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 5, 2008

  3. DaveJ

    Phil Weldon Guest

    _____

    WHICH Asrock? micro-ATX? How do you know the Asrock board you used allowed
    only 33% overclock? Did you try the Async option and set the CPU clock more
    than 33% higher than the stock speed (more than 267 MHz for CPU clock/more
    than 1066 MHz FSB?)

    Keep in mind that since on-motherboard-graphics prevent program use of some
    motherboard installed RAM that on board graphics may significantly reduce
    the performance of non-graphics intense applications. Depending on your
    requirements, a more overclocking friendly non-Asrock motherboard combined
    with an inexpensive PCI-e graphics adapter could be a better choice.

    Note this from Intel at
    http://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/31697102.pdf

    "The Q35/Q33/G35/G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset does not support system
    memory frequencies that exceed the frequency of the Front Side Bus. If
    memory with
    higher frequency capabilities than that of the FSB is populated, the memory
    will be
    under-clocked to align with the FSB."

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Mar 5, 2008
  4. DaveJ

    DaveJ Guest

    Hi , I'm trying to build budget pc,s using the E1200 and E2xxx cpu's. I
    personally have IP35E and my E2180 is sitting at 3.2ghz ok but with Asrock
    1333-667 m/b it will not post when set to asynch-have read this on other
    forums since I found it for myself. I'll try the gigabyte board -it does
    seem to stand out .
    I'm in a piss-poor city in uk which people used to call a lada town- a
    russian made car which was so bad that it wouldn't have been allowed in
    U.S.- nearly every taxi was a lada, they have all died by now!
    The e1200 at 2.1ghz was only 37.C when running orthos so I'd like to try a
    lot more with one. The need for economy with m/b is that most people do not
    appreciate the properties of m/b -the big retailers dell,hp etc. hardly
    bother to tell m/b info in their spec. A good m/b and graphics card would
    double price of system. tia dave

    DaveJ, Mar 5, 2008