    the right place

    Thank you in advance,
    Mike

    test, May 4, 2004

  2. test

    Aaron Guest

    Fire away.
    I might not know much, but it would be more fun than listening to
    people look for drivers, have bad power supplies, etc.

    Aaron

    Aaron, May 5, 2004

  3. test

    Tom Guest

    I'll second that for sure :eek:)

    Tom, May 5, 2004
  4. test

    Jay Chan Guest

    I used to come across a web site that showed a way to build a driving
    wheel for playing PC racing games. It used bungee cords to provide the
    resistance, and many wooden part for the console. I vaguely recall its
    name is like Woody Wheel, Welly Wheel, W... Wheel, ... etc. I don't
    recall the exact name, and I cannot find it any more (I just tried).

    Anyway, that was more than 5 years ago. I don't know if his method is
    still relevant or not ... I am sure it didn't have force-feedback in
    his wheel.

    Hope you can find it somewhere.

    Jay Chan

    Jay Chan, May 6, 2004
  5. test

    Jay Chan Guest

    Jay Chan, May 6, 2004
  6. test

    Mike Guest

    Ok, I will try to be as clear as possible :) And Thank you for your answer.

    I have everything I need to Build the wheel, and components (linear trim
    pots and wires and diagrams) But what I would like to add keyboard keys used
    with buttons that I would put with the joystick. For example, I broke apart
    a keyboard, and took the electronic part out, and would use the chipset with
    wired soldered to the pinouts. I hope things are clearer then I think.
    *smile* The goal of all this is to add "unlimited" programable buttons to
    any game that support keyboard mapping. Since just about every game does
    that, I would just need to assigne the buttons to the functions I need.

    Let's say I add a shifter to my nascar racing. Gear 1-2-3-4 and R, would
    each have a button relayed to an assigned pinout of the keyboard
    circuit.that would send a key to the game. Ie: Gear 1 would be soldered to
    the letter A, 2 to letter S, and so on.

    The part that I am getting trouble, is figuring out easily what pinout
    equals to what letter. And if someone has used someway or idea to go around
    that. Would be easier doing it with USB, but I dont know how to use that
    aside from unbuilding a working usb device and modifying it as I can

    Next part, I think it would be rather in electronics, as it would be to
    actually make my own chip to assigne and program letters to pinouts.

    Hopefully, this got my idea a bit clear,
    Thank you again for answering, I really appreciate the time.
    Mike

    Mike, May 6, 2004
  7. test

    Mike Guest

    Thank you for the web sites! They help me out to find more ideas on the
    building and making the steering part. The last web site has very nice wood
    ones!!!

    Mike, May 6, 2004