    If you were able to solve it, please let me know (and don't spare on
    the details :) ).

    thanks.

    jonathanztaub, Nov 19, 2006

  2. jonathanztaub

    BillW50 Guest

    Should be a piece of cake. Restore with all of the crap back on it and
    look under the Device Manager for the camera, look under the properties
    and grab all of the drivers. Although finding the inf file will take
    some searching. Or search under the registry and make your own inf file.

    BillW50, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Thanks.

    I also did further research and there appears to be a stream.sys file
    which may be related to the problem.
    As I did this and the step you advised (while rebooting
    uninstalling/installing) it finally works.
    I don't know what exactly fixed it and don't intend to find out. ;-)
    Who knows if it'll work again.

    thanks very much for your suggestion.
    It appears that whatever you download from Sony's web site is not
    identical to whatever is on the restore CDs.
    Bad software quality control in my opinion.

    Finally got it to work.

    :)

    jonathanztaub, Nov 20, 2006
  4. Now that you have a working system to your liking burn a clone or copy of it
    onto CD's or an external drive so you won't have to go through the entire
    process next time.

    External USB drives are good for this if your motherboard BIOS supports
    booting from an external USB source. Always good to try booting from the
    backup after first making one just to be sure everything got transferred.

    GlowingBlueMist, Nov 20, 2006
  5. jonathanztaub

    Quaoar Guest

    "Clean install" on Vaio noteooks is the kiss of death unless one
    researches the proprietary Sony applications and libraries that are
    required for complete hardware functionality, as you have discovered
    with the camera installation. These used to be available for individual
    installation from the recovery disk set on most, but not all, models.

    Quaoar, Nov 20, 2006
  6. jonathanztaub

    jeWINK.WINK Guest

    I had the very same problem and whenever I have a problem I go to the
    micropctalk.com website .. Here is where they discuss one of the problems
    with the camera..

    http://www.micropctalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10

    Here are many more problems and solutions regarding the camera.

    http://www.micropctalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6137

    jeWINK.WINK, Nov 26, 2006