Butler abbreviations?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Martin Frost me at stanford daht edu, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. I'm using Butler's nice launch features.

    Is anyone using Butler's abbreviations feature? It looks powerful,
    but there is little documentation about it.

    Can it do stuff that Tiger's Spotlight doesn't do?

    All I can find about Butler's abbrevations are these two abbreviated
    paragraphs in the installation's help info:

    Your configuration determines the range of items you can access by
    entering their names or corresponding acronyms. If you want to launch
    applications, you will have to add an "Applications" Smart Item to
    your configuration. If you want to access your iTunes music, add an
    "iTunes: Library" Smart Item. And if you want to access the contents
    of a given folder, drag the folder in question to your configuration
    and check the "Search contents for abbreviations" checkbox for the
    resulting "Local folder contents" item.

    To trigger the abbreviations prompt, you need at least one "Enter
    abbreviation..." control. These controls also let you filter your