    well it looks like only idiots are buying dell systems because there are
    more complaints than you can shake a stick at. all the bad word of mouth is
    going to cut smelly dell down to size!

    Hidalgo, Mar 3, 2004

  2. "well it looks like only idiots are buying dell systems..."

    I've bought two Dell systems. I'm extremely pleased with them. Are you
    calling me an idiot?

    "...all the bad word of mouth is going to cut smelly dell down to size!"

    Interesting that the reporter didn't mention whether the customers had a
    clue about how to use a computer in the first place, or whether they treated
    Dell's employees with respect. If any of them were like you, we know the
    answers.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Hidalgo

    HH Guest

    Rocky,
    The guy is obviously a troll. Jes <Plonk> him.
    HH

    HH, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Hidalgo

    Hidalgo Guest

    if the shoe fits....

    and as usual the dell dolts stand ready to blame thousands and thousands of
    people that have had problems with dell in many areas, not just tech
    support.

    like the series says BUYER BEWARE of smelly dell that is.

    Hidalgo, Mar 3, 2004
  5. How are those of us, who haven't had (m)any problems with Dell, blaming
    "thousands and thousands of people" for anything?

    Your logic eludes me.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Hidalgo

    Hidalgo Guest

    "Interesting that the reporter didn't mention whether the customers had a
    clue about how to use a computer in the first place, or whether they treated
    Dell's employees with respect. If any of them were like you, we know the
    answers.

    Rocky"

    this ng has plenty of this type of bs. it used to be the customer was
    always right. but dell and many in here has turned that approach on its head
    with its the customer is always wrong approach. or is it we're dell and
    we're big and you can't touch us so we'll abuse you at will until we decide
    to stop and torture the next sucker. they pick yer pocket then move on to
    the next victim. may all the dell droids live long enough to experience the
    dell hell that many of us have experienced.

    Hidalgo, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Hidalgo

    Irene Guest

    Interesting that the reporter didn't mention whether the customers had a

    No, she didn't; but the reporter did quote the Dell representative as
    saying the following:

    "The company acknowledges losing many frustrated customers, but is trying to
    win them back with more personalized service."

    Well, that's a start. They at least now recognize they have a problem and
    that they are "losing many frustrated customers".

    Now all that remains to be seen is how they respond and how far they will go
    to get us back. Yes, my husband and I are among the "many frustrated
    customers" that they have lost(after three moderately high dollar
    purchases).

    Oh, yes, by how far they will go to get us back, I do not mean rebates.

    I believe it is going to take a major shift in how Dell deals with their
    customers after the sale is complete and that includes a substantial
    improvement in Tech Support including, but not limited to doing away with
    the "outsourcing " to overseas sites like India.

    Our latest experience was less than a week ago. 45 minutes waiting on a
    phone tree. 15 or more additional minutes waiting while the tech(?) was
    trying to find someone who could answer the question and now 4 or 5
    days(I've lost count) waiting for the promised response. Needless to say
    this is not going to help Dell get our business back

    Irene, Mar 3, 2004
  8. Hidalgo

    Irene Guest

    And the reporter??

    Irene, Mar 3, 2004
  9. The fact that you have two posts with insults in both shows much of
    your own character.
    If you need to shore up your own position with insults, you obviously
    lack the actual ability to support your own point.

    Jupiter Jones, Mar 3, 2004
  10. Hidalgo

    HH Guest

    Larry,
    Troll and logic are mutually exclusive terms.
    HH

    HH, Mar 3, 2004
  11. Hidalgo

    Hidalgo Guest

    can't argue the facts of an independent report from a reporter of how bad
    dell stinks so you attack the messenger. the usual dell droid approach.
    and the beat goes on. dell stinks like truck full of tuna baking in the
    summer sun. no matter how much you try and blame others, the smell of dell
    hangs heavy and spreads far and wide. your attacks are laughable. as is
    dell's claim of changes.

    Hidalgo, Mar 3, 2004
  12. Dell has acknowledged problems. Apparently, your solution is to fix all
    the problems, TODAY. If you knew anything about corporate management,
    you'd realize that isn't going to happen. Not with Dell, not with most
    corporations.

    With your level of maturity and patience, I'd imagine that everyday life's
    a real bitch for you.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Mar 3, 2004
  13. "no matter how much you try and blame others..."
    Show me where I tried to blame anyone for anything.
    You now find it necessary to attribute ideas to people without cause.
    More of your character and the necessity to shore your position since
    you lack the proper ability.

    "can't argue..."
    Why would anyone want to argue with you?
    If you ever intelligently bring up a point, maybe you might get
    somewhere, till then...
    Arguing is silly, but you feel free to argue all you want...somewhere
    else is best.

    If you have a point you can make without insulting others, go ahead
    and make it.
    Otherwise you continue to show us a side you would probably rather us
    not see.

    Those with the ability to prove a point do it with intelligence.
    Those that can't often need to stoop to the low level of name calling
    to boost their own ego.
    Guess what...It doesn't work.

    Jupiter Jones, Mar 3, 2004
  14. Hidalgo

    Buck Rogers Guest

    I am in customer service, and during training, I was advised it costs a
    company something in the order of 7 times more to try to win back a *lost*
    customer(or aquire a new customer) than to try to retain an existing
    customer.
    From a business' perspective, that would be scary.

    Kind of makes you wonder why the some companies(not necessarily Dell) don't
    make customer service and after-sales support one of the top(if not the
    top)
    priorities.

    Buck

    Buck Rogers, Mar 3, 2004
  15. Hidalgo

    Chief Guest

    Hidalgo - as the name implies - you spew horseshit.

    <<PLONK>>

    Chief, Mar 4, 2004
  16. Hidalgo

    Tom Scales Guest

    Oh come on. You knjow that "Hidalgo" is just a new name for one of our old
    posters who wants to 'troll' again. We've all been working hard at a
    positive newsgroup, including you, me and Irene, and now this person just
    wants to stir up trouble.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 4, 2004
  17. Hidalgo

    Hidalgo Guest

    the dell robots attack the messenger as usual. dell sucks so bad they make
    the news now. can't talk to that can you horses arse?

    Hidalgo, Mar 4, 2004
  18. Hidalgo

    Hidalgo Guest

    yes its all made up. another tv hoax. dell stinks so bad they make the
    nighly news now. real good publicity huh? maybe the reporter is a troll
    too? yes, that's it, a vast troll conspiracy. we now control the tv
    stations.

    Hidalgo, Mar 4, 2004
  19. Hidalgo

    Glenn Jarvis Guest

    3 words for ya....

    GET A LIFE

    Glenn Jarvis, Mar 4, 2004
  20. Hidalgo

    S.Lewis Guest

    "did your mother have any children that lived?"

    "I'll bet she regrets that...."

    - Gunnery Sgt. Hartman

    S.Lewis, Mar 4, 2004