    Irene Guest

    Another one who can't discuss any thing without calling people names. I
    repeat. PLONK!

    Irene, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Hidalgo

    Irene Guest

    I find it very interesting that your post and those of another in this group
    have so many easily identifiable similarities.

    Irene, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Hidalgo

    wlloo Guest

    Some stupid cow desperately COWering behind
    Even you should be able to do better than that pathetic effort, cowface.

    wlloo, Mar 6, 2004
  4. wlloo (current name in use)
    You do get around don't you.
    It doesn't matter what side of an issue someone is on.
    When the person starts with the personal insults as you have, it shows
    that you have so little confidence in your position that you find it
    necessary to launch a personal attack.

    I disagree with Irene more than I agree with her but right now
    everything you say must be wrong so you might as well leave and give a
    chance for some credibility to return.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    Check the following link for some great problem solving newsgroups.

    cowface.

    Jupiter Jones, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Hidalgo

    Acadia Guest

    When the person starts with the personal insults as you have, it shows

    Bingo. Only when a person is losing an argument do they start to,
    subconsciously, get defensive which usually translates into getting mean.

    Actually I've seen that common human tendency in several of you characters
    in the short time that I've been hanging around this news group; you're
    quite a fun, entertaining and, for the most part, knowledgeable bunch, well
    more knowledgeable than me anyways, not that that's saying that much. ; )

    Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

    Acadia, Mar 6, 2004
  6. Hidalgo

    wlloo Guest

    Some pathetic clown claiming to be
    message just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

    wlloo, Mar 6, 2004
  7. I expected too much from certain people who post in this group.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, Mar 6, 2004
  8. Hidalgo

    Rod Speed Guest

    Fraid not.
    Even someone as stupid as you should be able to follow
    this particular sub thread and notice that no one has lost
    any argument on that particular question of only ever
    saying something when there is a reference to back it up.

    Rod Speed, Mar 6, 2004
  9. Hidalgo

    Acadia Guest

    I rest my case.

    Acadia

    Acadia, Mar 6, 2004
  10. Hidalgo

    Acadia Guest

    I expected too much from certain people who post in this group.
    LOL!!

    Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

    Acadia, Mar 6, 2004
  11. Hidalgo

    Irene Guest

    JJ,

    What amazes me is that this self appointed expert doesn't even know how to
    disguise his identity sufficiently to keep a old lady with EXTREMELY limited
    computer knowledge from picking up on it.

    Oh, well it takes all kinds. I may not always be right, but at least I
    admit to the limits of my knowledge.

    Irene, Mar 6, 2004
  12. Hidalgo

    wlloo Guest

    Some stupid cow desperately COWering behind
    Maybe you actually are that stupid.

    There was no need to 'disguise' anything, cowface.

    Reams of terminally silly cowshit flushed where it belongs.

    wlloo, Mar 6, 2004
  13. Hidalgo

    Rod Speed Guest

    Some terminal fuckwit desperately cowering behind
    just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

    Rod Speed, Mar 6, 2004
  14. Hidalgo

    Hunter1 Guest

    With an inhouse support dept like we have, those 80% of
    problems are causing loss of productivity for the place as a
    whole whilst the people are having those problems, so the
    support crew need to fix these problems to get things back
    on track. It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.
    If it weren't for those problems we could probably get by on
    the number of staff we have nicely instead of struggling to
    not fall further and further behind by the day, but the govt
    never could be accused of being realistic when it comes to
    requirements.

    We don't hit them with user problems, we sort those
    ourselves. We only bother them with the other 20% of
    problems (the hardware related ones), the old Aussie based
    HP helpdesk worked fine and they knew what they were doing.
    The Indian callcentre is just a fucking joke and know
    nothing above their cheatsheets, they don't even know enough
    to accurately log a job or read said cheatsheets correctly.
    Word of advice, avoid them for large purchases until they
    learn their lesson (as Dell has) and return corporate
    support to a helpdesk that actually knows something about
    what they are doing.

    You shouldn't need tier 3 support for anything except
    complex problems that a standard knowledgable techy can not
    resolve. As far as HP goes they have tier one (which is
    completely hopeless, which makes it a toothpulling exercise
    to even get to tier 2 on requests that tier 1 in the past
    were more than capable of resolving) and tier 2 (the Aussies
    that call you back and try to sort over the phone and come
    out), the only time to my knowledge that we've really
    required tier 3 support from HP was years ago when we had
    major problems with a new "workgroup" printer model they'd
    brought out, we had the tier 3 "expert" out within a week of
    bringing to their attention that their printers wouldn't do
    what they claimed they would do, and the other standard HP
    techos couldn't sort it out. I'd be surprised if we could
    manage that now with their new half-arsed operation.

    In our own case tiers 2 and 3 are combined, all techies have
    their "specialties" and will act as tier 3 support where
    required if their skills meet the job and all act as tier 2
    support on anything the helpdesk itself (tier 1) can not
    suss out. Even those of us at supervisor, network admin,
    etc. level need to help out on the tier 3 roles at times, so
    2 and 3 is really an interchangeable area. With HP the only
    part that seems to work is their tier 2/3, and they seem to
    spend a **** of a lot of time doing the job for tier 1 from
    what I've seen since the callcentre moved.

    Only they aren't very good at doing that, shit even the
    basic queries that I could answer for them myself seem to be
    mindbenders for their new callcentre staff.

    Tier 2 even, and yes, it's a toothpulling exercise, and it
    shouldn't be when tier 1's knowledge extends to "and how do
    you spell your surname".

    We've taken to lying to them, "have you tried this" "yes"
    "have you tried that" "yes" "Is Igor an Elephant" "yes"...
    Don't even really listen to what they're saying any more,
    just do the motions to try to get someone who has a clue to
    call back.

    Hunter1, Mar 7, 2004
  15. Hidalgo

    Justin Thyme Guest

    Yeah, I do the lie trick too or slightly modify what I do to make sure the
    problem results in a horrible noise. eg trying to get a DOA authority on a
    printer that had a paper jam problem I'd hold the paper back to make sure it
    jammed with a nasty sound - they'd hear it and give me the DOA immediately.
    The award for stupidest person on a call centre has to go to a chick at IBM
    however - we were an IBM repairer, and after IBM changed from local
    repairers to centralised repair a couple of years ago we lost our repair
    status, but people still brought their IBMs to us. We had to call their
    call-centre to log a fault to get the RA number to send the machines to
    their service centre. One day I had a machine that wouldn't power on at
    all - dead power supply. I rang them, told them the machine wouldn't power
    on and we needed to get a warranty authority, the response came back "have
    you done a recovery?". Somewhat surprised by the stupidity of the question
    I re-iterated again that the machine wouldn't turn on. "I can't help you
    until you do a full recovery, do a recovery and call us back". At this
    point I decided the best method would be to act dumb, "I don't know how to
    do a recovery can you help me", so she attempted to guide me through the
    process. Of course, the cd tray wouldn't open because there was no power.
    This resulted in a long pause at the other end, when she finally came back
    "sounds like the computer has a fault" and started to organise the repair
    procedure.

    Justin Thyme, Mar 7, 2004
  16. Hidalgo

    B Forbes Guest

    Cummon Irene, oh-I-swear, at this mo-ment, you mean
    evvvvvrything........................

    B Forbes, Mar 7, 2004
  17. Hidalgo

    B Forbes Guest

    You've been spending way too much time on Jupiter.

    B Forbes, Mar 7, 2004
  18. Hidalgo

    B Forbes Guest

    .....nearly as much as your brain.