  1. Hidalgo

    B Forbes Guest

    I dont beleive you.

    B Forbes, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Hidalgo

    Acadia Guest

    He's baaaaaaaaack. Oops, I mean, It's baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

    Come on now, you can do better than these petty insults, make it hurt . be
    awaiting your reply, which I KNOW is coming (you're all too predictable,
    most children are).

    Acadia, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Hidalgo

    Glenn Jarvis Guest

    I can believe it. I had a client call me telling me his 3.5" floppy
    drive wasn't working. The system was less than a week old. So, I did a
    home call. The first thing I did was pull out the cleaning disk, and ran
    it once or twice. The I pulled out the ole DOS disk and it ran fine
    (this back in the days of DOS). He kept telling me it wouldn't work for
    him, so I asked to see the disks he was trying to use.
    Now, this was when he mentioned a relative told him to keep his disks
    clean from virus's. Upon seeing the disks, I knew right away why they
    wouldn't work.

    I'll leave it up to your imagination..... needless to say, Sunlight dish
    soap and floppies don't mix well together.

    Glenn

    Glenn Jarvis, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Hidalgo

    Hunter1 Guest

    Yeah, I know what you mean. Prior to the takeover of Digital
    by Compaq we had a troublesome beast of a machine with a bad
    mother board with about a month of warranty left. We told
    them it was the motherboard and that it was intermitant,
    Digital in their infinate wisdom (cheapness) brought out a
    replacement power supply instead. A week later we logged the
    call again, let them know it was the motherboard and that
    they'd already brought out a power supply. They brought out
    another one (and because the prob was intermitant they
    claimed it was fixed both times). By now we had about a week
    and a half of warranty left and didn't want to **** around.
    Amazing what a screwdriver across certain pins can do. After
    that they strangely couldn't get it going without replacing
    the motherboard, hence the bastards were forced to fix it
    properly before the warranty expired, and it never missed
    another beat right up until disposal.

    As for stupid responses from Call Centres I'll never get
    over one from HP when querying number of memory slots
    available in a certain model I didn't have one of handy :
    "Yes it does take RAM"... I gave up and got someone to waste
    time looking it up on their webpage, because it ended up
    being less painful.

    Hunter1, Mar 7, 2004