    his email address is:

    This is his comment.

    I would take $500.00 for the laptop "shipped"If

    Its Me Again !, Nov 5, 2003

  2. I have tried unsuccesful to come up with any true info on this guy.He also
    claims he has over 30 people who want laptop.Was asking $800.00 then dropped
    to $500.00

    Its Me Again !, Nov 5, 2003

  3. People should be aware of this about PO Boxes.....
    If it is a box in the actual Post Office (which you can find out with a
    phone call), the owner is reaquired to give name and address id and info to
    open and maintain the box. The Post Office can tell you who owns the box. If
    he is in a fairly small town, be assured that the box clerk knows him
    personally, and where to find him. This is quite true at my Post Office, and
    we are in the largest Village in New York State.
    If it is a "private" box in some mailbox store or something like that,
    different story!

    Bruce Markowitz, Nov 6, 2003
  4. I use a PO box all the time,but I also give my street address and number if
    needed.He would not do any of that so it tells me he is hiding something, or
    trying to scam someone.If I am going to purchase a big priced item,I want to
    be able to talk to them by phone and get as much info as possible.

    Its Me Again !, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Its Me Again !

    Pete KE9OA Guest

    Unfortunately, this type of thing seems to be happening more often, as time
    passes. Most of the time, I don't bother following up on a purchase, unless
    the seller is within driving distance (300 miles). I like to deal in person.
    This way, I can check out the equipment, and make sure that there aren't any
    surprises.
    It reminds me of an eBay deal I made a couple of years ago. I lost the
    auction, but the seller informed me that he had a couple of units. I drove
    over to his place, and the unit that he was offering me was pretty beaten
    up. We negotiated a price for the good unit, and I took it home. I wonder
    what happened to the person that sniped me out in the last 5 seconds. I bet
    he was surprised!

    Pete

    Pete KE9OA, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Ditto. It is possible, I suppose, that he's on the level and merely
    clinically paranoid, but I would not take the risk with my money on someone
    who does business this way, even for a low-cost item.

    --
    Catherine Hampton <>
    Home Page * <http://www.devsite.org/>

    (Please use this address for replies -- the address in my header is a
    spam trap.)

    Catherine Hampton, Nov 8, 2003