    it may be ok, but I'd wait for reviews of it before buying. It is quite a
    bit cheaper as new boards with this chipset are already out at under $60.
    Just make sure you're buying what you think you are buying.:)

    Wes Newell, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Wes Newell

    S.Heenan Guest

    Looks like the Asus A7N8X-X uses the non-Ultra400 as do the Gigabyte
    GA-7N400E and the GA-7N400E-L

    S.Heenan, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Yes, starting at $80.

    Performance won't take that much of a hit,
    so a MB with the extras that performance-demanding people
    want should be fine even with single-channel memory.

    But I expect that all you'll see will be budget boards.

    To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

    It's your SIG, say what you want to say....

    Never anonymous Bud, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    I've been following up on this. There are several reviews and it seems
    that the single channel cheap chipset outperforms the more expensive dual
    channel in most benchmarks. So in this case, cheaper may be better.
    Especially if you only have 1 ram module.

    Wes Newell, Aug 8, 2003