Buying second-hand Thinkpad: T20/A20/R30?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Slashed Zero, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. Slashed Zero

    Slashed Zero Guest

    Hi!

    I want to buy a second-hand laptop in which I can put two 256MB PC100 16
    chip Kingston/Crucial memory units I already own (and paid a lot of money
    for...). It should be at least a PIII/600. I want a really solid and sturdy
    case and feel, so I'm thinking about going for a Thinkpad.

    Checking out eBay and some local ads, it seems I have a choice between the
    T20, the A20 and the R30 (in various configurations, i.e. different screen
    sizes, DVD vs CD, etc). As I am really not familiar with the IBM-laptop-line
    I would appreciate any comments on these models and how they compare to each
    other. Also stuff like 'the R30 was introduced a year later than the T20'
    and weight- and design-considerations is very welcome!

    Thank you ever so much!

    SZ.

    Slashed Zero, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Slashed Zero

    Ron Hubbard Guest

    I don't know how they compare to each other, however the ThinkPad
    T20 is a nice little notebook with a 14.1" screen, a 12 GB hard
    drive, and both a CD-ROM and a floppy drive-- although you can
    only use one at a time.

    Ron Hubbard, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Slashed Zero

    Ron Hubbard Guest

    And I forgot to mention the T20 has a built-in 56k modem/Ethernet
    combination for networking. I hope this helps you somewhat.

    Ron

    Ron Hubbard, Jan 12, 2004