    there an advantage in my going to the GTS 240? Finally, is it possible to
    get the machine delivered without crapware? Many thanks.

    Larry

    Larry Hermann, Oct 29, 2009

  2. Larry Hermann

    Tom Lake Guest

    You can eliminate the anti-virus software and the productivity software
    when you order. Some things will come with it but you can uninstall
    them quickly. If you order through the Employee Purchase Program (EPP)
    you have to get both an AV program and productivity software loaded if
    you order on-line.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Oct 29, 2009

  3. Larry Hermann

    powrwrap Guest

    Larry, I can't answer any of your questions. I'm in the same position
    as you, looking for a new Dell to replace my seven year old computer
    (Dimension 4550). Like you, I do some video editing and office
    applications but I figure I might as well get something with some
    extra horsepower.

    I had my eye on the Dell Studio XPS 435T.

    Q. Is the Dell Studio XPS 9000 the newer version of the Studio XPS
    435T?

    powrwrap, Oct 29, 2009
  4. I'm pretty sure it is; I think the XPS 8000 which uses the Intel Core i5
    chip is new.

    Larry

    Larry Hermann, Oct 29, 2009
  5. Thanks, Tom -

    Not being a Dell employee, it's no problem. And I plan to eliminate the
    McAfee anti-virus software anyway - I have been happy with Avira.

    Larry

    Larry Hermann, Oct 29, 2009
  6. Larry Hermann

    Tom Lake Guest

    The EPP isn't just for Dell employees. Any company can get an ID for their
    employees
    to use. In fact, I don't even see a place on the EPP site that asks for any
    ID. The savings
    amounts to 7% off the special deals they have.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Oct 29, 2009
  7. Larry Hermann

    WSZsr Guest

    Had one for months. Best system I've owned. Previously called the Studio
    XPS 435T.

    WSZsr, Nov 5, 2009
  8. I ordered one on 27 Oct, with a 23 Nov expected delivery date. This
    seems awfully long to me. The Dell forum has a thread on delays in
    production for this machine.

    michael stroh, Nov 6, 2009