    during music playback. It can be just about any music type. I took my
    sound card out with the same problems. It has BIOS revision 1017 and
    revision 1.01 I think. Help please. Thanks.

    Travis King, Jan 8, 2004

  2. I had the same problem with an older (4-5 year old) SB16 PCI card under
    Windows XP on my CUV266 (no built in sound). Clicking menus, right clicking
    desktop, etc, all produced a kind of ffrrrippp noise while music was
    playing.

    mp3, cd, wmv, all produced the same problem. Eventually went out and bought
    a new card (nothing expensive) installed it, and the problem went away.

    Jim in Canada, Jan 10, 2004