BX-133 Raid - Win XP Pro install over Win98SE

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Douglas Miller, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Unable to find answer to this question in the manual that came with my ABIT
    BX133 RAID motherboard.

    I have installed Win XP Pro as an upgrade over top of Win 98SE. Before the
    install I had RAID working on my machine but now I seem to have a problem.

    During the boot process, I get to a point where the display reads:

    High Point Technologies Inc. HPT 370/372 UDM (ATA Raid Controller V
    2.0.1024
    Primary Master: Mirror (Raid 1) for Array #0
    Primary Slave: No Drive
    Secondary Master: Mirror (Raid 1) for Array #0
    Secondary Slave: No Drive

    The device of Primary Master isn't accomplish rebuild
    recommend you finish it (sic)
    The device of Secondary Master isn't accomplish rebuild recommend
    you finish it (sic)

    Press <Ctrl-H> to enter HPT 370/372 BIOS

    At this point what to do next to resolve the problem?

    Douglas Miller, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Douglas Miller

    TomG Guest

    if you hit F6 to install your own copy of the Highpoint driver and install a
    driver that matches your Highpoint bios, which hopefully is at least
    2.0.1203 or maybe 2.0.1019 or better it should install with no issues.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Thanks Tom. It would help me if I knew what was wrong. I had downloaded
    the newer BIOS from the High Point Technologies site and put it into the
    machine once when requested to do so during the installation process.

    Is it telling me that there is another step to be taken with this updated
    BIOS or does it really require a newer one? Does it want me to go into the
    BIOS and delete/create a raid array? How do I tell if mirroring is taking
    place?

    So many question, so little time.

    Douglas Miller, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Douglas Miller

    TomG Guest

    first, you cannot update the Highpoint bios by itself when it comes to the
    onboard Highpoint controllers. you need to flash the Highpoint bios by
    flashing the mainboard bios with the desired Highpoint insert.

    now, do you mean that you downloaded the drivers and used them?

    anything you want set up for raid 0 or raid 1 you have to do in the
    Highpoint bios before you get started. you would know that mirroring is
    taking place by virtue of only seeing one drive as opposed to the two
    separate drives. you could also load the Highpoint admin tool at the OS
    level once you get things going and that can be used to confirm what is
    going on.

    TomG, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Douglas Miller

    TomG Guest

    Highpoint does not really provide support for the onboard controller as it
    is actually supported (supposedly) by Abit. I was on the Outer Banks of
    North Carolina where there is little ambient light at night and was able to
    see Mars fairly well... very bright!

    TomG, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Douglas Miller

    TomG Guest

    only after 3 or so martini's.

    TomG, Sep 3, 2003
  7. Douglas Miller

    Jef Norton Guest

    While admittedly I am more flexible after the appropriate number of
    alcoholic beverages, I'm never quite that flexible... Are you some kind of
    contortionist?

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Sep 3, 2003
  8. Douglas Miller

    TomG Guest

    LOL! may your flock live long and prosper!

    TomG, Sep 5, 2003