    DIPs all off, GF256, Audigy, Logitech cordless kb/mouse (but same results
    with an old wired compaq, both check on other computers) 256 Crucial, 1.1a
    celeron (also 533 celeron).

    Phr3d, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Phr3d

    TomG Guest

    what do you mean when you say "cap upgraded" and who did that work?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Phr3d

    Phr3d Guest

    Homie. I'm asking here because he has already re-checked the board, and it
    tests fine. I cannot figger what I am doing wrong (recall that I have 3 of
    these, 1.4Tualeron, 1.4 Tualley - S (the one that won't soft reboot) and
    this one, now with a 1.1a).
    Since I have never gotten into the BIOS etc., I am thinking the siren is
    because of old BIOS (comes up 733 MHz after CMOS clear jumper)? Gonna try
    mounting the 566 celley back on, to try and get function that way if I can
    get the damn keyboard to respond.

    Phr3d, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Phr3d

    TomG Guest

    I had terrible luck with Tullies on the BX chipset boards and on an SA6R
    board as well. I know there are plenty of folks that have had decent
    results with a Tully on a BX board so it would seem to be a flip of the
    coin.

    TomG, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Phr3d

    Phr3d Guest

    Thankfully the Tuallies are performing well (other than that restart problem
    on the P-III-S which doesn't affect operation). That is how I found myself
    with a drop-in 1.1A celeron to use on the kids bx-133. Damn this board has
    been a pain in the ass.

    I suppose it's time to try a USB keyboard (hafta down my wife's computer)
    and see if it'll let me into the BIOS for once. With luck that'll solve the
    siren (dunno why ber-72 won't recognise the 1100 on this mobo, it was drop
    it in and go on the other two). Can't get the damn 3-point amd-style cooler
    back off of the socket to try it with a 533. Can't imagine why what effect
    that would have on the keyboard issue, regardless.

    I'm beginning to think I have invested dollars into a gremlin plagued board.
    That was why I sent this in the first place, I was hoping there was
    something that I had forgotten to check/do...

    oh well..

    ken

    Phr3d, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Phr3d

    TomG Guest

    since the bios on that board doesn't default to supporting USB KB, you may
    find a problem getting the KB to be active until an OS loads...

    TomG, Apr 22, 2004