C. Presario 7QSM11 (7000z-series) Installed a new 120GB HD but cant see more than 23G

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by bdubslawman, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. bdubslawman

    bdubslawman Guest

    Well if you choose no, it asks you how much you want use for primary.
    I thought it was implied; with what I had wrote that I had OBVIOUSL
    chosen the entire hard drive.
    I wrote: ]]]]]]]]"It would only see 23795MB of the hard drive.
    I tried using the Compaq Quick Restore disks after deleting th
    original partition. Once ME was up and running, I checked and Window
    also only saw 23.## GB."[[[[[[[[[[[

    But to cut my venting short, after a round and round with Compaq/(HP
    customer service, apparently the Presario 7QRSM11 has a maxima
    limitation of 75GB HD. NO IT'S NOT A BIOS LIMITATION! The BIOS, tha
    I flashed, SEES ALL 120GB OF THIS PARTICULAR DRIVE. I asked the C
    people 3X what exactly the limitation is but (they eithe
    couldn't/wouldn't articulate what the issue is). But I am P***ed an
    F***ed. No where in any manual does it document this, at least no
    what was sent with the computer or listed on any of the help files o
    C/HP's site.

    Basically I can get a new MOBO, or use an external HD via USB. Fo
    some, bizarre to me reason, the HD limitation does not apply to a
    external USB drive. But I don't/my sister doesn't want an externa
    drive.

    WHAT THE F' WAS COMPAQ DOING/THINKING? A 2001 COMPUTER WITH THAT KIN
    OF GOVERNOR ON IT WAS SEVERELY SHORT SIGHTED AS 80GB HARD DRIVES WHER
    ALREADY ON THE MARKET BACK THEN.

    ...And then there are the two hard drives a 160GB and 120GB drive tha
    I bought for this update. Plus I have waisted about 4 days reading an
    trying everything under the sun to get the stinking 120GB HD to b
    recognized.
    Compaq said a controller card won't work either, but I am going to tr
    it anyway for S**ts and giggles! Although they tend to be a bio
    by-bass or legacy tool to overcome a non-existant port/speed/bios issu
    and this system doesn't have that problem...

    It's only crime was that Compaq made it!

    CONSIDER THIS THREAD SOLVED UNDER PROTEST!

    Guess I'll just have to keep my sister all to my self ;-

    bdubslawman, Jan 15, 2005