    chipset but my system crashes when I try to use them. Any suggestion?

    Thanks.

    Alessandro.

    test, Jul 2, 2006

  2. test

    Graham W Guest

    Got any URLs?

    Graham W, Jul 2, 2006

  3. test

    test Guest

    Got any URLs?Yes, but they were not very enlightening.

    s2kctl:

    http://www.stargaz0r.nm.ru/

    c2ngo:

    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/26872-nforce-2-cool-patch-it-works.html

    Unfortunately http://www.newgenerationorder.org/C2NGO.zip is no more
    available. You can download a copy following the link posted in this forum:

    http://houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?p=151181 post #7

    Here you can find a place where c2ngo was announced and some hints of
    why it disappeared:

    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=55429&page=1&pp=15

    Alessandro.

    test, Jul 2, 2006
  4. test

    test Guest

    test, Jul 3, 2006
  5. test

    ancientoneuk

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2006
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have used S2Kctl now for quite a long time with nForce2, KT333/400 and older specs as well with not a problem and yes it does work well, especially with old toasters like the Palomino.

    Currently it is sitting on my 8rGA running an Athlon 1700+ JUIHB on a lazy overclock of 2000Mhz (real time) I have the disconnect set at 64/64 although it should be at 8/8 for a T Bred. I set it at 64 simply as it cools the chip quicker.

    Don't let S2K do the mobo monitoring as that can cause some probs but when I was setting up my 8rGA, I was having problems getting my waterblock to seat properly as EPoX boards have a shallower lip on the socket so it was tricky getting the block to sit right, this led to problems of not being able to go above 100Mhz FSB, BSoD's, high temps and data corruption.

    Use AMD's Central Brain Identifier to tell you what Halt and Stop Grant state divisor you need, its on the "Mobility" page at the bottom.

    It really does work though, on my old Asus A7V333 running an 1800+ standard Palomino chip, without it, the chip would idle at about 30-32, with it, running bare processes, I could get an idle of 22-24 and a max of about 34 under load on air.

    Hope that helps.

    AO

    ancientoneuk, Jul 8, 2006