Cable needed: 4 twisted pairs, individually shielded with overall shield

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mike Hubert, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Mike Hubert

    Mike Hubert Guest

    Hi,

    I have an application needing a cable with the following rough
    requirements:

    -4 twisted pairs, individually shielded (braided). Ideally standed 28AWG,
    but we could do down to 26 or even 24AWG. Solid conductors could also be
    acceptable. A foil shield could do as well.
    -outer shield, ideally braided, but foil could be ok.
    -outside diameter (O.D.) of the cable 5mm maximum
    -cable must be somewhat flexible

    The troublesome requirement here is the O.D. of <= 5mm: everything out
    there seems to be 7mm or more!!

    I need something quickly, and cannot afford to wait for someone to custom
    manufacture this for me. Even if I did, there is the additional problem of
    min orders of 1000-5000ft, I only need something like 100ft.

    If anyone has anything to suggest, I'd love to hear from you, I am getting
    desperate! Drop me a note at

    Regards,

    Mike Hubert
    Xiphos Technologies Inc.