    scrollbar on a web page, I often have to click several times to get it
    exactly. The white arrow that appears as you Pen Over sometthing seems a
    little off. any ideas what I might be able to do?

    bob, May 5, 2004

  2. bob

    terri Guest

    You may need to recalibrate. For example, when the Tablet is sitting flat
    on a desk, you're going to see things a bit differently than when you're
    holding it. The calibration can make it more accurate for whatever you may
    be doing at the time.

    terri, May 5, 2004

  3. Now this would be the wrong thing to do, the purpose of the calibration
    is to align the pen to the cursor, if you just click where it thinks the
    cursor is already thats not going to help.

    Justin Stigall

    Microsoft MVP - Tablet PC

    Justin Stigall [MVP], May 5, 2004
  4. You will need to calibrate often until your brain gets used to watching
    the cursor. At first it will bother you if the cursor is just a little
    bit off from the pen tip. But no digitizer is going to be perfect over
    it's entire surface. After a while your brain will get used to
    automatically adjusting where you actually tap based on where the cursor
    is showing up in relation to the pen. All this adjusting will happen in
    the split second as the pen gets closer and closer to the screen. It
    won't sound possible if you think about it too much. But then neither
    does making a wooden stick intercept a ball traveling 70 mph in such a
    way as to send the ball into the desired area of a field and people do it
    every day.

    To make it quicker to start the calibration, I pinned a shortcut to the
    start menu. The path to the file you need should be C:\WINXPP\system32
    \tabcal.exe but it may be different for your machine.

    Grant Robertson, May 6, 2004
  5. And I guess we should all put our pants on the exact same way you do
    (over your head?) and lace our shoes the exact same way you do (from the
    top down?). Any other method would be absurd, now wouldn't it?

    Grant Robertson, May 7, 2004
  6. bob

    Chris H. Guest

    Please don't waste time answering those posts. When in doubt, see the Rules
    of Conduct for Microsoft Newsgroups posted on April 30 in this newsgroup.

    Chris H., May 7, 2004
  7. bob

    ADNAN Guest

    well it seems like u haven't done it correctly for the first time , well u can calliberate is manually again to adjust what fits u
    well try it once more if it doesnt works then must be somehting wroong!

    ADNAN, May 7, 2004