calibration on Toshiba 3500

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Craig Mathews, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. I use a Toshiba and have found that calibration requires
    a trick. First, calibreate by tapping the exact center of
    each crosshair. Then check out the settings, noticing the
    offset in each corner, on average. You can then
    recalibrate and tap away from the crosshairs toward the
    offset for each corner (if the offset was originally 1/8
    inch to the right, tap 1/8 inch to the right). After a
    couple tries, you'll have a good calibration.
    Unfortunately, it still won't be perfect everywhere.

    One thing I've done is to use a graph paper template in
    Journal and tped on intersections of the grid to test
    calibration across the screen to get a better feel for
    the offset.

    Another option is to load the Wacom Tablet PC driver.
    This was designed to specifically resolve the offest
    issue on the Toshibas.
    http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

    I have not confirmed this, but the driver may have caused
    some issues in my system stability. Let me know if this
    doesn't work.

    Craig Mathews

    Author of Absolute Beginner's Guide to Tablet PCs (due
    out late 2003)

    Craig Mathews, Jul 2, 2003