Call for Participation: 2004 Workshop on Application Specific Processors

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Scott Mahlke, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Scott Mahlke

    Scott Mahlke Guest

    You are invited to attend the Third Workshop on Application Specific
    Processors (WASP 2004) to be held in Stockholm, Sweden on Sept. 7,
    2004 in conjunction with CODES/ISSS 2004 held Sept. 8 to Sept 10.
    The workshop features 15 high-quality papers that highlight the
    latest work occurring in the area of application specific design of
    embedded computing systems. Please note that the early hotel
    reservation deadline is Friday, August 6. More details concerning
    WASP 2004 can be found below and at the workshop website,
    http://dna.ucsd.edu/wasp04.

    Call For Participation
    3rd Workshop on Application Specific Processors (WASP 2004)

    Held in conjunction with the International Conference on
    Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis, (CODES+ISSS),
    September 7, 2004, Stockholm, Sweden

    The WASP workshop explores (micro)architectural design approaches
    and trade-offs and compiler technologies, for both domain-specific
    and customizable embedded processors. The workshop aims at generating
    a forum wherein the various approaches to address the twin challenges
    of cost amortization over large volumes while delivering optimal cost,
    performance, and power characteristics for a wide segment of embedded
    processor market niches will be explored and compared. WASP explores
    emerging trends and novel concepts in application-specific processors.

    Highlights of WASP 2004:
    * 15 high-quality papers on topics ranging from from application
    specific instruction processors, customization for energy
    efficiency, system-level customization, and novel application
    specific designs
    * 2 keynote presentations, speakers to-be-announced soon
    * 1 industrial panel session

    Hotel deadline: August 6
    Advanced registration deadline: August 16
    Workshop website: http://dna.ucsd.edu/wasp04
    CODES/ISSS website: http://www.ida.liu.se/conferences/codes

    Scott Mahlke, Aug 5, 2004

  2. This is the first time I recall seeing this conference advertised (it was
    not in any of the magazines I receive) and it is a topic that I have some
    interest in. However, I am unable to re-arrange my schedules for September
    at this short notice. Surely, if you need participants then more notice
    would be better.

    Paul E. Bennett ....................<email://peb@a...>
    Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....<http://www.amleth.demon.co.uk/>
    Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 .........NOW AVAILABLE:- HIDECS COURSE......
    Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095 .... see http://www.feabhas.com for details.

    Paul E. Bennett, Aug 5, 2004