Camcorder to record Indoor Concert

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by B. Schneier, Jul 10, 2009.

  1. B. Schneier

    B. Schneier Guest

    Anyone have a suggestion about what camcorders are best to use to record
    an indoor musical concert with singing and with the musical
    instruments at the back of the stage from a lower balcony? Can the video
    and the sound be reasonably good from that distance and, I assume the
    camcorder will be able to zoom in on the people on the stage so you can
    record their faces and movements and hear the music and singing as if
    you were right on the stage yourself?

    Also I would like the ability to transfer the audio and video to DVD in
    different formats, to an iPhone or a memory stick.

    Never owning one, I don't know if there are other important feature like
    software that comes with the camcorder that I am unaware of or import
    features built into the camcorder that are necessary to have an easy
    experience recoding anything from stills, movement, and great audio and
    video.

    Thanks in advance,

    B. Schneier

    P.S. If there are better newsgroups for camcorders, would someone tell
    me about any of them?

    B. Schneier, Jul 10, 2009

  2. B. Schneier

    Arno Guest

    I don't have personal experience with this, but typically you do audio
    and video separately, since one device is often only good at one
    of the two. I know of people that use a MD (MiniDisk) rcorder for
    audio in addition to a camcorder.

    Arno

    Arno, Jul 11, 2009