    post.

    Could a bad powersupply by the common thread in these three bad boards?

    Kenton

    Kenton Flaig, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Kenton Flaig

    Bill Guest

    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    says...

    Is that being like half pregnant?
    Yes.

    Bill

    Bill, Nov 10, 2003

  3. It doesn't have to be the PS. It could be the memory, video card,
    grounding....even an improperly connected HDD.

    The TweakOholic, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Kenton Flaig

    TomG Guest

    sure.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 118,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Nov 10, 2003
  5. To answer your question... Sure it's possible for a power supply to be half
    bad. I have several here that are partially dead... one the 12v supply
    line is gone, and one the other the 5v supply is kaput... When I get the
    time I will look at em and see if they can be fixed.

    Now... I don't know if this is your problem or not..

    I had a 350w power supply a few years back that I had problems with. The
    PS was fine, supplied enough on the 12v and 5v, but my video card pulled
    about 4 times more than the 3.3v supplied, and caused all kinds of problems.
    Most of the time it wouldn't even make it past the bios screens...

    Daniel L. Belton, Nov 10, 2003