  1. sogs

    sogs Guest

    If so, what type?

    sogs, Feb 5, 2004

  2. sogs

    S.Lewis Guest

    PCI only, mate. The machine has no AGP slot.

    S.Lewis, Feb 5, 2004

  3. sogs

    Hank Arnold Guest

    You're basically screwed. No AGP slot. Only PCI cards and they are very
    limited in availability and features. This is one of the main reasons I
    hesitate to recommend 2xxx machines and prefer the 4xxx series.....

    Hank Arnold, Feb 5, 2004
  4. sogs

    sogs Guest

    Wouldn't that be better than the way it is now?

    sogs, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Maybe. /If/ you can find a PCI graphics card that has the
    features you are looking for that the current on-board graphics
    can't give you. When looking for one, and if you live in a
    reasonably large urban/suburban area, don't forget checking out
    "used" computer stores. There's one nearby where I used to work
    that had lots of new, albeit older generation, stuff like PCI
    graphics cards. A couple years ago I bought one to upgrade the
    PCI video on an old PII machine I had.

    Ogden Johnson III, Feb 5, 2004
  6. sogs

    Dave Guest

    Yes it would be better. Check www.newegg.com, they have 26 different
    PCI video cards from $30 to $150 depending on memory and features.

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 6, 2004
  7. sogs

    David Guest

    Finding a pci card with 64meg of ram should be pretty
    easy (at least where I am in the US). Nvidia 64 cards
    for pci in the mx2 and mx4 mx400 and mx440 models are
    available at any major retail store for around $60.00,
    They even have the mx2 mx400 pci at walmart. The ONLY
    problem I have had with adding this PCI card to my
    dimension 2400 has been with some linux distributions
    because you cant disable the onboard sound in the bios.
    I figured a way around this and am glad for the upgrade (I
    paid $50 after rebate...which I received). If you want a
    big fancy pc with the 2300 your not going to get it BUT
    you CAN upgrade memory, sound and video card and gain a
    very nice improvement. I dual boot mine with xp pro and
    suse linux 9.0 pro and am very happy with it. 512 ram,
    evga nvidia gforce 2mx400 (pci of cource), soundblaster 16pci
    and pentium processor. Best wishes and God bless you all.
    Dave

    David, Feb 6, 2004