    can reach 77%, @2x speed - 100%.
    If not, what's the minimum cpu ( single core ) speed needed for 1x
    speed ?

    TE Cheah, May 23, 2010

  2. TE Cheah

    Wes Newell Guest

    It should be enough. But I'm only guessing. Years back I used an old
    Duron 1600 overclocked to 2GHz to decode 1080i at about 80%. The cpu
    power required will depend on the rest of you system. With Nvidia VDPAU,
    it probably wouldn't need more than 10% of the cpu.

    Wes Newell, May 24, 2010

  3. TE Cheah

    TE Cheah Guest

    See if you can playback the trailers easily.
    I suspect 1 can't decode 1080p mov files w-o buying QTime pro. 1
    site calls its mov file blu-ray, conned me to dwnld ( took 4.5 hr ) a
    305 Mb trailer.

    TE Cheah, Jun 1, 2010
  4. TE Cheah

    TE Cheah Guest

    It should be enough.
    I found 2 1080p trailers in mp4 format : cpu usage often reach 100%
    while playing ( via FLV player or PwrDVD9 ) these, both picture &
    sound have pauses.
    I'll buy & fit 1 of these decoders, & hope to decode @ even 8x speed.

    TE Cheah, Jun 1, 2010