    I wonder if there is any limit on the size of a HDD for this MB. I
    would like to install a 160 G?

    Thanks...John

    jy, May 1, 2005

  2. jy

    Egil Solberg Guest

    Yes it can just fine.

    Egil Solberg, May 1, 2005

  3. jy

    DaveW Guest

    I believe the original BIOS that that board came with limits the harddrive
    to 137 GB. You might be able to upgrade the BIOS to a newer version that
    recognizes 160 GB.

    DaveW, May 2, 2005
  4. jy

    Pseud O. Nym Guest

    +++++++++

    My C-drive is 20-Gig. My D-drive is 80-Gig. In addition I have three
    160-Gig drives on my A7N8X system. The 160-Gig drives are all connected
    via USB-2 so that they can be moved between different computers and
    powered off or unplugged when desired.

    It is a little slower to use USB but the advantages outweigh the
    disadvantages in my situation.

    About the only time I notice any speed problems is when I copy a large
    volume of data from one USB drive to another USB drive .... such as
    when unzipping a huge file. I can even capture live TV video to DVD
    compliant MPEG2 video in real time and I only see the light on the USB
    drive blink very briefly once every 5 or 10 seconds or so. And this is
    when I am using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 capture device which is also
    using the USB interface to capture with while I am using a USB WiFi
    connection on my cable internet connection.

    I have my mouse and WiFi internet connection hooked thru a USB-1
    connections and cabling because I ran a series of tests and I saw
    no problems with speed and I had a surplus of USB-1 stuff lying around
    taking up space. My Cable internet connection benchmarks at exactly the
    same speed whether I am using USB-1, USB-2 or a Cat-5 cable direct
    hookup.

    I know I haven't answered your exact question but maybe it will give
    you something else to think about.

    PON

    Pseud O. Nym, May 2, 2005
  5. jy

    Allannon Guest

    I recently installed a 250 Gig HD with no problems.
    You didn't mention what O.S. your using.

    Allannon, May 2, 2005