Can anyone help with this its driving me nuts.

Discussion in 'Abit' started by B coivrick, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. B coivrick

    B coivrick Guest

    Ok I have a Bf6 motherboard with a PIII 1000 for over a year.
    Everthing worked fine. Now nothing was added new or changed.
    Just one day it did not boot, would not post. Just a black screen.
    So I tested all the memory in my other computer,
    a BE6.
    All the memory was fine I put a cel 300 in the BF6 and it booted and posted
    fine. So I thought it was the CPU. I got a RMA # and was ready to pack it up
    to send for a new one.
    BUT I thought let me do a test and put the PIII 1000 in the BE6 to see it
    it would work. I did not think it would.
    Well it did work it booted right up and went right into windows.
    So I thought well its not bad after all.
    So I put it back into the BF6 still it will not boot or post. yet a Cel 300
    will
    Now I dont understand this why would this not work in the BF6 the same
    motherboard it has been working in fine for the last year.
    But work fine in the BE6.
    I am going back and forth trying to get it to work.
    I thought that maybe the motherboard (bf6) was bad but if the cel 300 works
    fine.
    Can any one help me with this.
    You can even email me if you like at
    Thanks
    Anna

    B coivrick, Jul 13, 2003

  2. B coivrick

    TomG Guest

    Anna, it sounds like bad capacitors on the BF6 which will allow a lesser cpu
    to run *sometimes* but higher speed cpu's won't. see these links and then
    get a flashlight out and take a close look at the caps. the links below
    also point to a couple of guys that do mobo repairs. I can speak for the
    work Homie does first hand on several boards as can numerous folks that have
    posted here in the group.

    --
    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20Pic/BE6II%20bad%20caps1.jpg
    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20Pic/BX133%20caps.jpg

    --

    Homie (AKA Capman), in the US, at:

    http://home.att.net/~garyheadlee/

    (look for posts from BigBadger if you're in the UK or try him at
    [email protected]***NO-SPAM***.com with the obvious
    spam protection removed...)

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 113,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Since you posted THREE different subject headers, I'll answer this way.

    Probably the motherboard!

    Probably the motherboard!

    Probably the motherboard!

    Probably the motherboard! ( in case I missed a header )

    Jeff

    Jeff the Dentist, Jul 13, 2003
  4. B coivrick

    TomG Guest

    hey, Jeff. I got this problem with a tooth...

    TomG, Jul 13, 2003
  5. B coivrick

    JimL Guest

    TomG,
    Have Larry, Curly, and Moe yank it out.<g>

    JimL, Jul 13, 2003
  6. B coivrick

    TomG Guest

    yikes!

    TomG, Jul 13, 2003
  7. B coivrick

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    LIAR!!!

    We saw the pic of you and the missus. You have no teeth, you apples
    sauce gumming m____r f____r!!!

    J/K

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 13, 2003
  8. B coivrick

    JimL Guest

    Jerry,
    Mercy!
    Bet our spam filters will go into overdrive this week!

    JimL, Jul 13, 2003
  9. B coivrick

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Wasn't spam being discussed in a different thread?

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 13, 2003
  10. B coivrick

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    This sounded too harsh. I take it back, it was just a joke gone
    horribly wrong...

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 13, 2003
  11. B coivrick

    JimL Guest

    Jerry,
    Yeah, but the OTHER kind of spam.

    JimL, Jul 13, 2003
  12. B coivrick

    TomG Guest

    yup!

    TomG, Jul 14, 2003
  13. B coivrick

    Jef Norton Guest

    I think it already has.....

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/missus.jpg

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jul 14, 2003
  14. B coivrick

    TomG Guest

    yeah, yeah! post that thing all over the place! she's a beaut, ain't she?
    the wife's purdy too!

    TomG, Jul 14, 2003
  15. B coivrick

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Shooo is. Who is the woman?

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 14, 2003
  16. B coivrick

    JimL Guest

    TomG,
    The VW or the dog?
    I vote for the VW.

    JimL, Jul 14, 2003
  17. B coivrick

    0_Qed Guest

    OH ....

    HMmmmm

    " > horribly wrong... " ....

    I thot thats what dear wify thot of your 'equipment' ...
    aka your cosmetic wubber bulky thingie ...

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jul 14, 2003
  18. B coivrick

    0_Qed Guest

    Yahbut ....

    It needs to be re_taken ....
    your "bulk" gently 'shimmered' in the photo ...

    BaD Boy .... what !!WERE!! you thinking !!!

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jul 14, 2003
  19. B coivrick

    JimL Guest