    are purchaser configurated making it difficult for anyone here to tell me
    the exact specs, but could anyone tell me at least in general what it is.
    Thanks in advance.

    ftran999, Aug 28, 2004

  2. on at least one of the boxes in a multi box shipment you will find a packing
    slip attached in a clear plastic pouch. the packing slip will list the
    specific configuration as well as the system 'service tag' numbers contained
    in the shipment. you can also find the 'service tag' number (a seven digit
    alpha/numeric code) on the bar code sticker attached to each box. you can
    look up the original configuration as shipped on http://support.dell.com
    using the 'service tag' number. you will have to log in if you have never
    been to support.dell.com before, but once in you can look at any system by
    the service tag number.

    Christopher Muto, Aug 28, 2004

  3. ftran999

    Rerat/Rich Guest

    ftran999,
    If you can find the Service Tag# on the label on the box, then check the # in the support section at Dell. Look under original configuration for that PC. Be aware that the information, may have not been added to the data base yet, especially if it is a recent purchase.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    I work for a major company with several branches and the just decided to
    upgrade just about all the pcs in the company. (and let me tell you, not a
    moment to soon.) The upgrade was suppose to take place this past week, but
    for some unspecified reason it has been postponed until further notice.
    Anyways, we have about 25-30 ctns of Dell pcs sitting on our loading dock.
    Now I know I should just wait until they install the pcs to see what type it
    is exactly but my couriosity has gotten the best of me. So thats why I'm
    here to see if anyone right now can tell me what were getting. The size of
    the box would indicate that it is either a desktop type case or a
    mini-tower. On the label it states that it is a DHS model and I could've
    sworn that a least part of the number contained a J063. I did check under
    the medium/large business section of the Dell website and did a google
    search but couldn't come up with anything useful. I realize that Dell pcs

    Rerat/Rich, Aug 28, 2004
  4. I would be more worried about looking for another job, if they can't afford
    to continue with the upgrade.

    CaptainKrunch, Aug 29, 2004